Wednesday 12 September 2012

GREAT TO READ - SESSION 8


A.Addition of finites cannot accumulate to infinite.

B.A question then will arise: what is there beyond the boundaries of finiteness that is different from existence? Difference from existence is only non-existence; and we cannot say non-existence exists on the other side of the existence. That is a self-contradictory statement. Therefore existence has to be infinite. I am not only an existent entity but also a conscious entity. Consciousness has to be existent, since we cannot talk about non-existent consciousness. Hence existence and consciousness are not two separate entities but one and the same entity viewed from two different perspectives.

C.When did I become ignorant of myself? Vedanta says that ignorance has no beginning. Suppose that, not knowing anything about Anthropology, I ask myself: when did my ignorance of Anthropology start? I must say that from the beginning I did not know Anthropology. However, even though my ignorance of Anthropology is beginningless, that ignorance can end once I learn that science. Similarly, self-ignorance has no beginning but can end once I learn that my true nature is limitless existence-consciousness. This beginningless self-ignorance, which is the root cause of all human suffering, is called primordial sin by some religions.

D.vAsanA-s are accumulated by deliberate willful actions - we call them as ego-centric actions. The vAsanA-s are also called the ‘causal body’, since they are the cause in determining what type of body, what type of parents and what type of environment or world that I need around me in order exhaust my vAsanA-s.

E.Transformation from subtle to grosser form is called ‘creation’ in Vedanta.

Reference & Courtesy: An introduction to Vedanta - Dr.Sadananda

No comments:

Post a Comment